All successful retailers know that properly designed retail cash wraps can be the most critical components of any store layout. When was the last time you revamped your checkout area? If it has been a while, your customers will surely notice. Not only can a thoughtful checkout counter effectively drive more impulse purchases, it can also create a seamless shopping experience that increases customer satisfaction, builds brand awareness, and keeps your employees efficient. Create an attractive and effective checkout experience in your store by trying the following cash wrap ideas.
Stock the Right Products
The checkout counter is the prominent “impulse purchase” area of any retail store. This is why you need to make sure that you display the right merchandise in this prime location. You can easily encourage last-minute purchases by displaying the following types of products in your store:
- Everyday items that people always need or often forget. Depending on the type of store you have, these items could be socks, hair ties, batteries, tissues, lip balm, hand sanitizer, ground coffee, or other small items that make the most sense.
- Branded gift cards. Retail cash wraps are the perfect place to display store gift cards not only for ease of purchase, but to reinforce your company’s branding.
- Travel-size products. A small checkout area provides opportunity to sell tiny items. For example, if you operate a cosmetics boutique, you could display miniature versions of some of your top-selling products. And if you operate a general merchandise or grocery store, displaying travel-size shampoo, body wash, hairspray, and deodorant could help drive more impulse purchases.
- Seasonal products. Whether it’s the middle of summer or the dead of winter, seasonal changes and holidays bring ample opportunity to spruce up your retail cash wrap displays with fresh, new items that customers are likely to buy.
- Low-price items. Customers are often willing to add more to their purchase if your impulse items have lower price points. When the products are affordable, customers don’t have to think about tossing another item into their shopping cart.
- Snacks and drinks. You don’t have to operate a grocery store to offer food and drink items at checkout. When displayed properly, chocolate, protein bars, mints, and bottled water are all refreshments that customers want after a long day of shopping.
Be Mindful of Traffic Flow
Another important part of creating an effective checkout experience is deciding on a location for your cash wrap. You want to ensure that your customers are naturally drawn to the checkout counter on their way out of the store while also keeping the area wide enough for customers to feel comfortable standing in line. If you place your cash wrap in a way that is restricting the natural flow of foot traffic through the store, it can create a negative customer experience — and cost you sales in the process.
If you’re unsure where to place your cash wrap, you usually can’t go wrong with installing it near the exit door to the left, or in the center of your store. Both options can help direct the natural flow of traffic as most people move to the right when they enter a store.
Keep It Uncluttered
While cash wraps lend themselves well to impulse items, they can only be effective if you also have enough room to close sales and bag purchases. Ensure your customers feel comfortable when they step up to the checkout counter by decluttering your cash wrap display area. If your checkout counter is filled to the brim with impulse items, customers will feel cramped and rushed. Ensure there is enough counter space for both impulse items and to allow customers to set down their handbags or wallets while checking out.
Pick the Proper Cash Wrap Fixtures
The checkout counter is your final chance to communicate with each customer and make a lasting impression. Choosing the right retail cash wraps will help you seamlessly meet your customers’ needs and those of your store. Whether you require a checkout counter with a cash register topper and locked drawers, simply need to add more checkout space with a corner display cube or want to go all out and install a custom cash wrap island with glass display cases, working with a high-quality retail fixture company will ensure that your cash wraps far exceed your expectations.
Trust the Retail Cash Wrap Experts
We have over 15 years of experience designing and manufacturing cash wraps and checkout counters for some of the nation’s top retailers. Installing our high-quality cash wraps can help your store drive more sales, increase brand awareness, and give customers an enjoyable checkout experience. If you’re ready to boost sales and make a positive, lasting impression on your customers, request a cash wrap quote today!